In rare cases we may ask for keys, credentials, passwords etc to troubleshoot an issue. Emailing those to our team without encryption is against policy. Our support system is secure, but all information is viewable to our team in plain text and ticket history is immutable. This means that your secrets will forever be visible in all our transactions.
Instead, you can submit data to us via:
- Encrypted email from your system.
- Encrypted text using our PGP Public Key
- Encrypted via our website's Secure Message System: https://www.techbento.com/sms/
If you choose Option 3 please follow this process:
- Let us know via an existing support ticket that a secret is being sent.
- Go to https://www.techbento.com/sms/ and complete the form.
- Click ENCRYPT to encrypt all content.
- Fill out the CAPTCHA
- Click SEND to send the content.
This is system is built around security. We cannot tell who sent the message or what it may contain until we decrypt the entirety of the message - the sender info is encrypted along with the message. We do not decrypt messages unless a ticket comment/request tells our team there is a message to decrypt. We guarantee complete secrecy of this content end-to-end and for that reason we need a comment with a time-stamp to locate your submitted message.